Speaking of Troy, Union's Lines will be backstopped by Hobey Baker finalist and Wisconsin native...
17 Daniel Ciampini - 12 Kyle Bodie (A) - 21 Wayne Simpson
9 Daniel Carr - 7 Josh Jooris - 8 Nick Cruice
|Josh Jooris: Progeny of an RPI-er|
23 Cole Ikkala - 26 David Roy - 11 Sam Coatta
22 Mat Bodie (C) - 28 Shawn Stuart
14 Shayne Gostisbehere - 20 Greg Coburn
24 Sebastien Gingras - 3 Ryan Forgaard
... 1 Troy Grosenick!
30 Colin Stevens
22 CJ Lee - 21 Mark McGowan - 7 Zach Schroeder
19 Mike Zalewski - 23 Brock Higgs - 28 Matt Tinordi
9 Matt Neal - 15 Jacob Laliberte - 39 Ryan Haggerty
17 Milos Bubela - 26 Mark Miller - 14 Greg Burgdoerfer
3 Guy Leboeuf - 29 Nick Bailen
5 Luke Curadi - 10 Curtis Leonard
24 Chris Bradley - 11 Bo Dolan
34 Scott Diebold
32 Bryce Merriam
33 Jason Kasdorf
|BFBS-Miami Heat Style|
- RPI dresses in black tonight for its annual "black Friday" game. What Paul Lukas of Uni Watch calls BFBS (black for black's sake), the Engineers will roll out a new incarnation of their BFBSweaters. (Like that?) A fun compendium of their jerseys here, even for the most vehement Engineer haters. They are surprisingly successful in their black digs: 6-0-1, including this
infuriatingthrilling 4-3 OT win against the Dutchmen. Long story short, the Dutchmen will be uncharacteristically clad in white on the road.
- My favorite BFBS RPI sweater? The 2009-2010 version. But don't despair, Union fans: these threads were the far-and-away favorite of last year's iteration of Union sweaters as voted on by fans on this site. /end aesthetic obsession.
- Kyle Bodie, ECAC player of the week, looks to keep pace with his previous success. So far on the young season, the assistant captain leads the team with 8 points in 5 games (3G, 5A). Wayne Simpson, his linemate, isn't far behind, with 3 goals and 4 assists.
- This will be Nick Cruice's 4th game, Matt Wilkins's 6th game, Sebastien Gingras's 6th, and David Roy's 4th. Coach Bennett's mixing-and-matching will continue, but he may have found some flow: Gingras has looked outstanding from the blue line, while Cruice and Wilkins may be poised to play an even bigger role.
- The biggest, and most encouraging news from the Union front: Gostisbehere is back in the lineup. Good for Shayne, and good for the Dutchmen.